Halloween Decorations On A Dime (Under $20)
After wasting money on Halloween decorations year after year I decided to put myself on a $20 budget! Although this was not easy I managed to get the job done.
The easiest place I knew I could stay in budget was the Dollar Tree. Why? Because no items in the store costs more than $1.25.
Before I show you what I purchased,
here are some tips on keeping your Halloween Decore budget low.
SPOOKY DECORATING TIPS
1. Choose your budget.
2. Shop at a store that offers cheap items for you to maintain your designated budget.
3. Find items that are large. The larger your decore is, the less you will need.
4. Find items that give you more than one piece it in. This also takes up more decorating space and gives you more bang for your buck.
• Hanging Bat – $1.25
• Spider lawn stake (2 per pack) -$1.25 • Bat lawn stake (2 per pack)- $1.25
• Fright Tape- $1.25
Total Before tax:$15.50
Total After tax: $17.52
Besides decore, buying treats for the neighbourhood can also get expensive. Here are some tips to keep your treat supply high and your budget low.
GHOOLISH GIVE-AWAY TIPS
First you need to decide what you want to give away. Candy or Toys?
(If you would like to avoid doing food give-aways and support the teal pumpkin project, you can find out more about it here: http://www.foodallergy.org/teal-pumpkin-project#.ViMbclL3bCQ)
1. Find out which stores carry your items for the best price.
(I saw 15 mini play dough cans at Walmart for $8 each which works out to 0.53 Cents per can. I saw a large bag of 80 mini play dough cans at Marshalls for $14.99 which works out to 0.19 Cents per can). I got the Marshalls deal.
2. Check The Dollar Tree and Dollarama what packaged bulk bags they have.
3. Wait for the Sales.
No Frills just had a sale selling a box of 80 mini chocolates for $5. Checking the flyers can help you find the best deals.
CHECK OUT MY POST FROM LAST YEAR: DIY COSTUMES FOR UNDER $5 …
(Prices may be subject to change)
What types of things did you do this year for Halloween that allowed you to save money?