Is your child the next Emeril? Or do they like helping you in the kitchen?
Cooking Camp Rooks To Cooks has expanded to 12 locations all over the GTA.
With the huge success of their first summer camp, they are now expanding to Toronto, Etobicoke, Scarborough, Markham, Oshawa, Mississauga, Thornhill and Woodbridge. A day at Rooks To Cooks summer camp runs from 9am-4pm, with an option to add on before and/or after care.
Why Send Your Kids To Cooking Camp?
Mastering the art of cooking will give your child a life long skill that they can use in their adult life. Learning to become an expert in the kitchen, will help build your child’s confidence.
Children will have experience with many essential skills like reading, following directions, measuring, math, science, developing fine motor skills and hand eye coordination.
* 12 Locations in the GTA
* 10 sessions to choose from, for kids ages 4 and up
* Sessions run from June 25th to Aug. 31st
* 18 students per week
* 1:6 staff to camper ratio
* Lunch, Snacks and Chef Uniform included with registration fee
* NUT FREE & allergy aware
* Cost is $380-$475 per week
Rooks to Cooks’ chef instructors know the benefits of learning to cook and are extremely passionate about sharing their knowledge and experience with their current and future students.
* Beach United Church (Beach)
* Church of Transfiguration (Davisville)
* Runnymede Presbyterian Church (High Park N)
* Lansing United Church (Lansing)
* St. Joseph’s Parish (Leslieville)
* Saint Giles Kingsway Presbyterian Church (Etobicoke)
* St. Jude Anglican Church (Scarborough)
* Grace Anglican Church (Markham)
* Zion Christian Reformed Church (Oshawa)
* Sheridan Park Family Church (Mississauga)
* Thornhill Baptist Church (Thornhill)
* First Hungarian Baptist Church (Woodbridge)
About Chef Shai
Inspired by her passion for food and education, chef and teacher Shai Mandel founded Rooks to Cooks with the goal of teaching kids cooking, life skills, and important lessons they can use both in and out of the kitchen.
Chef Mandel’s student-centered programs and workshops emphasize empowerment, healthy eating, and fun.
Rooks to Cooks mission: Through various cooking education programs, Rooks to Cooks will help students become more independent and reach their fullest potential, in and out of the kitchen.
The cooking lessons are hands-on, educational, team-based, fun.
Children, aged 4 and up, can learn to cook from experienced chefs.
Head Office Address: Rooks to Cooks, 40 Kodiak Cres., Unit 3, North York, ON M3J 3G5